11.03.2009

When Old is New Again

Combing through my archives of old Magazines today, I came across this Editorial Photographed by the fabulous Photographer Stephane Sednaoui in THE FACE Magazine from 1988. I couldn't believe how relevant the pieces were to the fashions of today. Fur, Fake or real, Sequins, Embroidery, and thigh high Over the Knee Boots with Bodysuits! How I wish I had some of these pieces in my closet right now.

Green Fur coat with printed knit leggings by Christian Lacroix
Both Velvet sequin and embroidered bolero suits by Martine Sitbon


Gold Leather waistcoat, bodysuit and thigh highs by Jean Paul Gaultier

6 comments:

The Photodiarist said...

Damn! These photos are STUNNING. The last one is amazing.

Maha M said...

So true, they could very well be out of a new editorial.
Great photos!

Meho xx

Anonymous said...

these editorial shots are GORGEOUS
thanks for sharing darling, love the blog as always
and thanks for the sweet comments

-cma
check out my blog @
cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

Style Odyssey said...

Aren't you glad you kept those old fashion mags? I want to kick myself on a regular basis! because ages ago, I got rid of all my 80s Vogues, Mademoiselles, and Glamours. Silly me!
Great post- I wasn't familiar w/ The Face mag til now. :)

Cruz said...

Amazing pictures!!

ffocuss said...

Everything old is new again.
Wonderful.