6.07.2011

It feels like Summers Creepin' in


 "I'm itchin' on a photograph
I'm giving up on looking back"
Group Love
"Shine, Shine, Shine On
Yes
Won't you shine, shine, shine on"
-The Kooks
"Laugh Often, Love Much."
Emerson
I scream, you Scream we all scream for...
Stone Cold Fox
"In many ways they'll miss the good ol' days
someday... someday..."
- The Strokes
"Do not go where the path may lead,
go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
Emerson

"My goal was, I wanted to be the best in the world."
Tony Alva 
 Most of the 70's Skate photos are from the book Locals Only by Hugh Holland.
I love the 70's and the Southern California culture of that time. The Iconic first photo of Stacy Peralta was shot by Craig Stecyk during the infamous Z Boys days.
That whole era has always been an inspiration to me. The carefree lifestyle, the clothes, the beach...need I go on?

Here in So Cal, it's just starting to feel like summer.
  It's been a little colder than normal lately and of course we just hit
"June Gloom" 
as we Californians call it. 
June is notoriously not the nicest of summer months and can be gloomy at the beach. 

But, for the past few days it's been quite beautiful and also quite breezy. 
A few days back we just did another fun shoot for Lori's Shoes which we will post soon. 
It was Inspired by the 70's and So Cal.

We just discovered this young band and are loving their sound.  
Check them out.
Group Love



Grouplove - Itchin' on a Photograph from Toy Human on Vimeo.



Hope you enjoy!
XX
Valerie and Camilla

24 comments:

Jennifer Fabulous said...

Beautiful post! These photos are lovely and so inspirational. I definitely need to check out that book. :)

I always associate LA with the 70s. So whenever I go there for vacay I am always shocked by how different it is from my imagination. I wish LA could have stayed in the 70s. Haha!

Nia Langley said...

Lovely post! I love how you put the quotes in the midst of the awesome pictures!
Most of my family from back home in San Diego came over this weekend to visit me, and even though it's starting to feel like summer over here too, I wish I could go back with them all haha

Have a great day, ladies!

nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com

Aki No Yuutsu said...

I can really feel the summer from this post!

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

I love the bohemian look this summer, maybe it is because of the nostalgic feelings. When I was a teenager I discovered neil young and I am still a huge fan. There is not better music on a hot summer night than neil young. Sitting in the grass, wearing your oversized sweater, oh yeah, summer is creeping in. love this inspiration girls, because this is summer

Lucie Šumová said...

BEAUTIFUL:)

Sarah said...

Gorgeous photos as always!
x

mispapelicos said...

Wonderful pics!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

It-Blogirls said...

amazing selection of pictures
so inspiring

Anonymous said...

Looks like an Aussie summer in Bondi Beach xx
www.rawfashionmagazine.com

Kamilla said...

love the pictures!
so inspiring (:


thewallsaroundus.blogspot.com

Chloé-M said...

Wonderfull post :)

Style With K said...

i like all those photos! and the clogs !


kisses from La Mode En Rose = )

Bad Joan said...

This post is the most inspiring one all day!! Love love love all the images. The crochet dress is to die for as is the orange bell bottoms!

http://badjoan.blogspot.com/

Selvaggia Capizzi said...

I am in love with this post. There is such a perfect correlation between quotes and pictures!!
xx
http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com/

Rachella - flourishingfit.com said...

great pictures, love the second one
x

ps giveaway on my blog, I hope you'll join it!

Kamila said...

thank for stopping on my blog !!
I m follin in love of hippie style!!! beautiful pic :)
I follow you and I hope you follow me back :)

xoxo

http://kamila-peppermind.blogspot.com/

Gabriella said...

AMAZING photos!!!!

http://breathingin-gabie.blogspot.com/
http://breathingin-gabie.tumblr.com/

A. said...

I was always a fan of half-naked summer pics (and I'm not even joking). Thres beautiful!

Sisters and Sisters said...

Amazing pictures!


XoXo
H&C from Amsterdam
www.sistersandsisters.com

Unknown said...

brilliant photos!

raspberrykitch.blogspot.com

xx

melle lunettes said...

Great pics !!
I love all styls !!
Kiss from France ;-)

Follow me i follow you back
http://melle-lunettes.blogspot.com/

My Wild Little Roses said...

I love all pics!!! THEY ARE SOOOOOO INSPIRING!!! REALLY REALLY COOL!!!

love your blog!!! and thanks for your comment!! :D

Xxxx

mirjam schuurkamp said...

This looks amazing girl!
what an lovely shots
love to see this!
amazing (L)

New outfit post:
www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

your blog is so cool !!
take a look to mine and if you like it i'd glad you follow me and i follow you back of course.
hope to hear from you soon
xoxo
http://onemoreaddictioninmyworld.blogspot.com/

http://onemoreaddictioninmyworld.blogspot.com/