2.08.2011

Byron Lars... A Name You Should Know


 We love Byron Lars!
He's not only a genius, he's our friend. 
If you haven't heard of him before you should get to know him, because today in WWD an article titled "Making Encores" coined him as one of four designers in the making. 
I met Byron at the Fashion Institute in NYC many years ago. I was walking through FIT with my boyfriend/husband and wearing an Azzadine Alaia skirt that he was just staring at because of the way it moved. Long story, but we became friends.

Byron has been around a while, he started designing under his own label in 1991, a small collection of sportswear he referred to as "Twisted American Classics" Then after only two seasons WWD hailed him as "Rookie of the Year"
These photos are from his Spring 2011 collection.
I am in love with the little white and black lace dresses as well as his brillant take on the classic shirt dress.
His construction is impeccable, the designs incredible and both Camilla and I own one of his amazing pieces.
He has even dressed Michelle Obama.
Byron and a sketch of the dress Michelle wore to the White House tribute concert for Paul McCartney.
Mrs. Obama once again in Byron Lars.

See more of his past collections here
and purchase here

Congratulations Byron!
You Rock!

24 comments:

skeletaldreams said...

Beautiful! He is so very talented

x

Sarah said...

Amazing
x

Cecylia said...

ok I'm smitten!! I love those photographs! Are they from his look book?

julianna said...

perfect photos!!...
mrs. Obama is super woman!

mispapelicos said...

I love very much what I see. It would be fantastic to see you wearing his clothes.
You always have fantastic posts my dears Camilla ans Valerie.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Radiant Make Up said...

stunning post :)
thanks for sharing!! x

NARDIVILE said...

The white lace dress with the black buttons up the back is so lovely.
Really cool look book too.

Rx

Absolutely Mrs. K said...

I adore the lace dress. Love the fact that more and more designers use lace in their clothing, but this one is so amazing because he made a complete dress out of lace. The only thing is, it’s probably not handmade. Anyway, great inspiration for my next lace project.

Stacey Kay said...

Wow, this is great stuff! I can't believe this. I will definitely have to remember this name. Thanks for sharing, great post!

xoxo
Stacey Kay
“Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
www.GoodwillHuntingg.com
Women’s Fashion Examiner-Cleveland
My Vintage Handbag Line

Jolijn said...

the first picture is so amazing! great @nd lovely. and I love the pictures with the robot so much.
he's a genius, you're right!
x Lijn

Unknown said...

love his creations!
Thank you for passing by and leaving your sweet comment! I hope you know that k come karolina is also on bloglovin, facebook and twitter :) so cu soon!!!


xoxo from rome
K.
http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

Lucie Šumová said...

GREAT :) NICE! ♥

Unknown said...

how futuristic :)

www.themadtoter.blogspot.com

It-Blogirls said...

beautiful picturess

Antoinette Musik said...

He is awesome! I just love his designs.

oomph. said...

i love that there is just as much detail on the back as there is on the front.

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Alexandra said...

that's something really new!!
great :)

http://reflectandfancy.blogspot.com/

Nicoletta said...

Beautiful. I love the dress from the last photo! It is amazing.


http://touch-your-style.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I have to say, i can only congratulate! well done on this blog. i am impressed. it has such a classy style and i really really like it.

there clearly should be more like you two out there!

I love byron..hes a star!

xoxo LA

www.thatlagirl.blogspot.com

Noortje said...

so impressive! i like itt
x

LadyNoir said...

cool michelle


http://ladynoirwashere.blogspot.com/

I Live For It said...

I've never seen his designs, but they are stunning!!! Love the lace dresses. Fabulous! Following your blog now!!

XO, Liza and Jewls
I LIVE FOR IT

ALIZEY MIRZA said...

omg i love your blog! its one of the best i've seen. i follow you everyday and your posts are of amazing quality. thank you :D

please follow me back

alizey mirza

http://officialalizey.blogspot.com

Juillet Clair said...

Byron rocks!
he's no doubt was talented :D

juilletclair.blogspot.com